Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"Mini owners in Singapore are so.... like that, hai..."

Personally, I tend to agree. Mini came from BMW, and BMW cars are like so expensive. People who buy high-priced cars usually expect high level of reliablity, quality and performance, not only from the cars themselves, after-service as well. You pay so much, must you expect so much as well? Hmm...

Ever since my company took over the Mini dealership at the beginning of this year, it hasn't really been going smooth sailing. Too much to put into here... but currently what I'm noticing now are the problems with a certain recent Mini model, parts department still not efficent enough, sales not doing fanstastically good and the main concern for most of the service guys here... the real lack of manpower. Since the beginning of the year, 2 CSOs, 2 mechanics and 1 service manager have left. One of our current CSO is just slightly younger than me and he is not exactly good at handling customers in general. Our current service manager is actually the guy who interviewed me when i first came to the company, and he is doing both Porsche and Mini side... hence he only appears in either workshops for like half a day. We only have 2 mechanics (me not included) to do the Mini servicing and repairs, although one very senior guy has just been recently transferred from Saab side to here but.. sigh. My immediate supervisor... well i just follow him whenever i can, a RR comes and we both work on it, if not just do Mini.

I was browsing through the web and found the local Mini website forum, and when i took a look inside... boy they were lashing at how terrible the dealer servicing is. Can't help to initially have this thought of.... "Wah lao!" Then after a short pulse, really, we service guys didn't wanna have such problems too. I would say that we guys have no problems getting cars fixed, but if the car wasn't designed well... what can we do? ya we can come up with solutions... if we can't find the best possible solutions, what made others better? Yes, although our company has only like 9 months of experience with Mini, but I'm pretty sure we have more hands on with the cars than anyone here in Singapore. Of course, the customer always have the choice, to come here or go elsewhere. Actually at my level now I shouldn't even be bothered by all these, my priority is to learn the skills... but there's also this thing called pride, and I think i am very fortunate to be working in this company. Our big boss have even won this year's "Best company boss of the year" (or something like that) award. Meh... i wait to see if got any bonus or $$$ :D



Haven't seen someone for quite a while, I suppose heavy work load is the cause. Weekends have been quite lonely as well... hope it changes soon. Next month is full of birthdays of the ones close to me... come to think of it, it's pretty exciting in some way. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home